Monday, October 10, 2011

Daddy & Mommy go to MAUI!


                                                    
At the Airport, FINALLY COMING HOME TO SEE OUR BABYY!! :) :) 
 

After months of smart saving, my husband surprised me with a trip to Maui for our 1 year anniversary! I didn't realize how much I really needed a vacation until we got there. We took a leap of Faith and left our boy with the Grandparents. It was scary at first but I knew it was right for us to be back to the islands on our own. We enjoyed our time together, beyond words.The island of Maui re-kindled my love for my husband and the islands. On our honeymoon, the big island didn't really do it for me. It was gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I did not connect with it like I did with Maui. Maui reminds me of Kaua'i. Ocean accessible, and very green. The main highway wound along the ocean's edge so you could enjoy it from the car. It was amazing. You could drive inland and enjoy the God sent Valley's. Drive the road to Hana and take in the multiple hikes and waterfalls. Drive to Honolua Bay and snorkel with lovely sea turtles just inches from your finger-tips. Enjoy the luxurious vibe of the ritzy hotels along the coast, with smooth sandy beaches and fine restaurants. Take a boat out to Molokini and snorkel with 150 ft. visibility. (This WAS a tourist trap though, and we ended up seeing a bunch of other snorkelers, hardly any fish, BUT very beautiful coral 30 ft. below us. It was like a big swimming pool with coral at the bottom.) We stayed at the Papakea Resort in Kaanapali, just north of Lahaina. It was an amazing resort with bbq's along the pool and the ocean 30 yards from the pool's edge. Soo lovely. After one week of phone calls, pictures and video's between Noah and us, it was finally time to get back home to Seattle to see our little one!! I enjoyed the break, but missed being a mama. It's great to be home, but Larry and I can't WAIT to take Noah on the next adventure! So blessed. Cheers to God, love, family and the tropics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment