Saturday, September 24, 2011

Grounded...


I had a strong urge to write this. It's different than most posts, and more like a home journal entry, but here it is. I'm glad the inspiration was there... 

Grounded...

“You’re grounded.” “I need to get grounded.” There are many ways to use the word… but why is it that when I’m not grounded, I feel more like “I’m grounded?” It’s misery! When I’m flighty and inconsistant and I rely on myself, and not on God, I am absolutely weak. I feel it. I look it. I reek of weakness. I bask in it. I am not trying to be dramatic, just crudely honest. I need that right now. I need the truth in my life… no matter how crude… in everything I do, really. I need blunt, warm truth. Truth in the Lord. I need prayer. I need Jesus to cling to because when I stop relying on Him, for WHATEVER humanly reason, my weakness accentuates and I am bluntly reminded of the stone cold truth. He is real. He is light. He is beyond anything I could ever be... and this is beautiful. He is humility. He is my Savior. He is Love. He is discipline. Trust. He is strength… faith. Faith in the Lord makes me a better woman. Makes me love. Makes me trust. Makes me more humble. So, when I try to take on all of life’s trials and tribulations on my own terms in my own way, and fail miserably, I am brought to my knees in the name of Jesus. I am blessed beyond words to know God. I am blessed beyond words with my family and loved ones… with all of the luxeries in my life. I pray to know, daily, the difference between essentials and extra’s. With these words I have been inspired to write, I will end this with thanks and prayer. J Happy blogging!    

2 comments: