Monday, June 6, 2011

Toes in the Sand. . . Sand in the Toes. . .

First dip!! ^


On our FIRST hot day of the season that the husband was home, we felt it quite necessary to hit the beach! We went out to Grampa & Gramma Tutu's house, ate good food, soaked up the rays, dipped Noah's toes in the bay for the FIRST time and counted our blessings. We also finally got to visit with Gram and uncle Leifa for the first time in a while! God's love was shining down on our family and alllll of my blessings in life hit me at once. What a life I live! ~ I realized when we were out there how much I am in love with the ocean. The Puget Sound is my own little sanctuary. It was crazy to walk the beach that I grew up on, as I held my very own little one in my arms. Seems like moments ago I was just a little one running along the rocks and lifting up every single one in sight, trying to find crabs. I would try to balance on driftwood in the shallow chilly water, but I ALWAYS fell in. It was inevitable. I pretended I was the little mermaid... I swore I was for a while. Haha. I pretended I was an Olympic swimmer... a dolphin. I was a water child. I would stay in that ice cold h2O until I went numb and beyond. These are some of my childhood memories I will always treasure. Can't wait to share these times with my baby boy and the babies to come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment