Saturday, March 5, 2011

The arrival, at last!

Well, he's here!! :) This is our Noah James. Born 9 pounds 12 oz. on 2-1-2011, at 1:11 pm!! We couldn't be more grateful for our beautiful, healthy BIG baby boy. He's now one month old and currently napping on our bed. Ha. During the day he LOVES to lay on our bed so that he can look around and "talk" to us. He stares and coo's and it's just so amazing. The other day I was holding him after feeding him and he got a couple gassy smiles, so I grabbed my camera and said "Noah James... can you smile?" and he looked up and smiled the above smile just in time for me to take the pic!! It was the best feeling!!! I can't wait to know him and connect with him more and watch him develop. He's already changed SO MUCH it's surreal! He is so strong. He came out of the womb and they put him on my chest and he literally lifted his head up and looked around!! We have it on video! ha. Oh and at two weeks old, he rolled half way over. He's our little Scandanavian babehh. :) Starting our family has definitely been quite the journey. I have learned that good motherhood doesn't come with just a baby. It starts with being content that life isn't all about what I want to do, anymore. It's obviously about what God wants, but next to that comes my husband and child's needs. I am entering the most selfless lifestyle one could ever imagine and that, to me, can be a difficult yet beautiful transition. All I can do is cling to God and my loved ones and hold on for the ride!! I look forward to this challenge. :) :) So FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment